The Fund for Peace (FFP) seeks a dynamic, motivated, and collaborative individual to join its team as a Programs Coordinator. The role will encompass both programmatic and organizational responsibilities. The general hours of business are between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Eastern Time, with some flexibility. The specifics of the schedule shall be determined by mutual agreement, but the successful applicant will be expected to maintain a consistent, predictable schedule as much as possible and reasonable.
Professional proficiency in French is a requirement for this role.
Specific Job Duties
Programs Management, Research, Business Development, and Planning
• Support research and policy initiatives focusing on state resilience and fragility, conflict early warning, and responsible business practices.
• Perform program management functions as required, including liaising with FFP staff based in the field and local partners based in focus countries (in both English and French).
• Coordinate the planning, execution, and delivery of program tasks and activities.
• Execute required components of established program plans, and deliver assignments in accordance with established timelines. Monitor progress, identify problems and make recommendations to management for necessary adjustments to ensure successful, quality outcomes.
• Build and maintain relationships for FFP with government officials, local organizations, and international organizations in target countries.
• Provide expertise on relevant subject matters through briefings of key officials and other relevant actors, publications, and participation in working groups, conferences and roundtable events.
• Perform program management functions as required.
• Assist in cross-functional initiatives as needed.
• Represent FFP at internal and external events and disseminate information about FFP’s programs and research findings.
• Support business development activities including opportunity identification, drafting proposal components, research/ strategy, and coordinate communications and tasks related to bids and proposals.
• Backstop senior staff on critical management tasks when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• A relevant Master’s degree or equivalent is strongly preferred.
• Professional working proficiency in French and English, Portuguese a bonus.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.)
• Demonstrated experience and interest in project support.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Interpersonal skills to engage with clients, partners, and staff.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate virtually with team members deployed across multiple locations and time zones.
• A demonstrated knowledge and understanding of FFP’s work.
• Prior experience and progressive responsibility working in programmatic support.
• Excellent research, writing and organizational skills.
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with the literature around conflict early warning and response, state fragility, and resilience.
• Prior experience in all or most the following areas: peacebuilding, conflict prevention; early warning; general political risk analysis; business development; program management; and data analytics.
• Familiarity with the US government grants process preferred.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines with limited supervision.
• Ability and willingness to work business hours in the Washington, D.C. time zone is required, as this is FFP’s headquarters.
Work Authorization: U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or the ability to obtain work authorization in the U.S. is required. Costs associated with obtaining work authorization are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Access to FFP’s company health insurance and a competitive annual leave package are included with this position following a probationary period.
To apply: Candidates are asked to send a resumé with relevant experience, a cover letter, and the names of three professional references to [email protected]. Please use “Programs Coordinator” in the email title when submitting your application package. Questions about the position or description may be emailed to [email protected], please no phone calls.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with a preference for applications received by October 22nd, 2023.