Job Title: Operations Associate
Reports To: Programs Manager(s)
Type: Virtual, Part-Time
The Fund for Peace (FFP) seeks a dynamic, motivated, and collaborative individual to join its Washington, D.C. based team Part-Time (20 hours a week) to provide operational and administrative support to a range of projects and activities. This position is ideal for anyone seeking part-time, telecommute employment. The ideal candidate will be flexible on a weekday working schedule, which is open to mutual agreement.
The general hours of business are between Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm Eastern Time, however you may be expected to work reasonable additional hours or after hours where necessary to perform your duties, particularly in the unlikely event where extraordinary cause is involved. The specifics of the part-time schedule shall be determined by mutual agreement, but you will be expected to maintain a consistent, predictable schedule as much as possible and reasonable.
Specific Job Duties
40% Organizational Administrative support:
- Oversee daily company administrative processes and procedures.
- Ensure company policies (i.e. procurement, operation, finance, etc.) align with and advance business objectives.
- Maintain business processes such as email system.
- Support routine human resources functions such as liaising with health care plan administrator.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
60% Project Administrative support:
- Compile, review and track financial expenses related to projects.
- Track project budget expenditure, including accounts payable and receivable.
- Coordinate with local partners and vendors on invoicing, receipt documentation, budget tracking and payment.
- Organize M&E files to ensure organized documentation filing and tracking, including coordination with local partners as needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with management teams for execution of organization’s processes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Prior experience with, and understanding of, operations and financial reporting requirements of various funders, particularly the United States Government.
- Demonstrated experience and interest in project support/operations.
- Background and familiarity with financial management principles in project management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Interpersonal skills to engage with clients, partners, and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate virtually with team members deployed across multiple locations and time zones.
- Familiarity and interest in international relations, conflict resolution and/or peacebuilding a plus.
Experience and Qualifications Required
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and other operational software
- A minimum of three years of experience and progressive responsibility working in and/or on operations, procurement, and financial management.
- Ability and willingness to work business hours in Washington, D.C. is required, as this is FFP’s headquarters.
- U.S. citizenship, permanent residency, or the ability to obtain work authorization in the U.S. is required. Costs associated with obtaining work authorization are the sole responsibility of the applicant.
Monthly compensation is $2,000, based on a 20-hour per week schedule. Following an initial three-month evaluation period, there is the potential, upon mutual agreement between the successful candidate and FFP, for an expansion of hours and the offering of a benefits package, to include access to the Fund for Peace health insurance plan as well as paid time off (PTO).
Candidates are asked to send a resumé with relevant experience, a cover letter, and the names of three professional references to [email protected]. Please use “Operations Associate Job” in the email title when submitting your application package.
Deadline for applications is Friday, January 28, 2022 @ 11:59pm ET.